Sabine is a young witch with a past she would like to put behind her. She moves to Gloomvale to start afresh after being dumped by her boyfriend. All this happens after he exposed her for being a witch. Little did she know that along with Oliver her past would collide with her future leaving it in a mess. She manages to find a job at Bad Brews and gets acquainted with her new boss who is very unusual and peculiar.
She soon finds out that her boss, Tristan is a vampire and has fallen in love with her, but things are not so perfect that this will end up as a fairytale. Tristan instead of nurturing his feelings towards Sabine pushes her away fearing for her life. It turns out that Tristan has a brother and they don’t see eye to eye on many things, which puts Sabine in the middle.
To top it all up Oliver and Tristan know each other and have bad blood and Sabine in common. As the story progresses one is confused as to where the direction of the story is going. Sabine’s character is an over thinker, and it is mostly her character that carries the story making it boring. Having watched The Twilight Series and Vampire Diaries it seems, or it comes off as if the author is somehow trying to recreate or create something around those lines. I did not enjoy reading the story as it lacked originality and believable scenes.
I found myself struggling to finish the book but kept reading as I was determined to find a climax in the story, as I love paranormal romances. The whole book seemed like a long introduction before we get into the actual story. Though this is only part one of the book in the series I will not be reading more books in it as the first one failed to grab my attention.
The main plot was weak and lacked a worthy sub plot that would support it. There were also mistakes in grammar that made it a hard read. I give this a book a rating of 2 out of 5 stars and would not recommend it to read. However this book is only suitable for an adult audience as it contains scenes of a sexual and violent nature. It also contains profanity.
Comments