Real Name: Onyeanuna Ogechi Suzan
Penname:
Freshy Gore
List of Books:
‘Self-Love’ (Paperback and Ebook on Amazon)
‘A Very Sticky Situation’ (Ebook on POPINK)
‘The Dark Pact’ (Ebook on Wattpad)
‘Werewolf In The Woods’
‘Finding The Bad boy’s Diary’ (Ebook on Wattpad)
I think
when I was 9 years old. At that time I used to compose all these little
stepmother and princess stories.
I dropped the idea as soon as it came but it returned when I was 15.
How long does it take you to write a book?
I don't have
a specific period for that. It all depends on inspiration and how much free
time I have on my hands.
What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
I read the previous chapter I've written once I'm
done with my morning prayer.
After which I go through the chapter summary for the
next one I'm to write then I spend most of the day formulating ideas and
dialogues in my head.
PS: I do this while I attend to house chores, when
I'm in class or doing any other thing.
Mostly I try to write a minimum of 1k-1.5k words per
day.
What would you say is your interesting writing
quirk?
I love to have peace and quiet around me when writing.
And when I say quiet, I mean it.
I tend to pick out sounds louder than the normal person
does so I like a quiet and calm environment so as not to get distracted.
Where do you get your information or ideas for your
books?
I have no specific place or time when I get ideas. They just flow into my head whenever they want to, however I back these ideas with good research of course.
I started my first book when I was 15 but got invested
in it at the age of 16 and completed it at the age of 19
What do you like to do when you're not writing?
Reading other novels in the genre I love to write or
watching movies.
What does your family think of your writing?
They approve of it, though my dad thinks I should
invest my writing energy into my education. My mom on the other hand is my
greatest supporter.
What was one of the most surprising things you
learned in creating your books?
That God did an amazing job when moulding the human mind. The way I'm able to create dialogues and scenes in my head marvels me every time.
How many books have you written? Which is your favourite?
5 books so far.
My favourite is my book ‘The Dark Pact’
It's my first novel focused in a male POV.
It tells a story of how a man who made a deal with
the devil in exchange for his soul had a sudden change of heart and now is
demanding his soul back.
He makes another deal with the demon and is given a
year to meet the terms if not he will die and his soul would will be lost to hell for eternity.
What is your favourite literary work?
‘Things Fall Apart’ by Chinua Achebe
Who is your favourite International author?
My favourite International author is Anna Todd,
author of ‘The After series’.
Do you have any advice to aspiring
writers?
1st: Let your mind wander and let ideas flow.
2nd: Read books in the genre you want to write.
3rd: Be confident in your work and avoid scraping
what you wrote. I advice that after a chapter is written, don't edit
immediately, rather wait for the next day or day after before doing so.
4th: Be open to suggestions and re-read your book
from beginning whenever you are losing ideas.
5th: Always remember to take a break if you feel
things are getting hectic for you.
Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of
things do they say?
My readers are mostly silent but the few who are not
tell me I'm an amazing author while others offer constructive criticism and one
or two offer hate comments.
Do you like to create books for adults?
Yes, I love it.
What do you think makes a good story?
The plot and how you keep up with it.
As a child, what did you want to do when you grew
up?
I wanted to be a banker but as I grew up, I
discovered I hated numbers.
Do you think writers can make a good living off
writing? If not what can be done to change that?
Yes, I do though it is far-fetched but I think there
is a possibility.
I think anyone who wants to be a writer shouldn't
expect to hit it big at the start hence everything takes time and patience.
List any writing accolades you got.
Haven't really gotten any accolades but I don't know
if coming out in the
Wattpad ONC 2022 Writing Contest Longlist with my
book
‘Finding The Badboy’s Diary’ which was previously
titled (Ignorance Is Bliss) counts
Also my book ‘Self-Love’ is being advertised by
Amazon and is featured on Goodreads while at the same time being sold by
Barnes&nobles and Dymock
Personal Remark:
However, once you know writing is your passion and
is something you love doing, you'll get through.



.jpeg)




Comments